Join us on

Entering Canada and Getting an Invitation Letter

Participants will need a valid passport or an appropriate travel document to enter Canada.

Citizens of the United States

Although they do not need a passport nor visa, they should carry evidence of citizenship, such as a birth certificate, a citizenship certificate, a naturalization certificate or a state birth certificate. If these documents do not contain their photograph, they will be asked for a driver's licence or other identification. US citizens should visit the Department of Homeland Security website for a list of acceptable documents to re-enter the US.

Do You Need TRV?

Some international visitors will need to get a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to visit Canada. To get the latest and official information on Canada visas and to see if you need a visa please visit:

see also Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) web site:

How to Get the TRV?

Information on visiting Canada:

Visiting Canada - Important information for visa exempt travellers (including US Citizens):

Where to send your application for a (TRV):

Video Tutorial on completing the Temporary Resident Visa Application Form (IMM 5257)

Visa Offices outside of Canada:

Visa Application Processing Times

While the visa process typically varies from country to country, it is best to start the process as early as possible to be able to satisfy all of the requirements and paperwork. Visa application processing times:

Visa Support Letters

Visa support letters can be asked during the registration process and will be issued to those who have finished the registration process and paid their fees