As part of Google's ongoing commitment to encouraging women to excel in computing and technology, we are pleased to announce the ICST 2012 Conference Grant to encourage more female computer scientists to attend and participate in the ICST 2012 conference.
We encourage all female PhD/Master computer science or software engineering full time students
or recently graduated PhD (no more than two years ago) interested to apply.
The two winners of this competition will receive:
- free registration for the main conference.
- travel (up to CAN$ 450) expenses and hotel accomodation.
To be eligible for a conference grant, candidates must:
- Be a female working in or studying Computer Science
- Maintain a strong academic background with demonstrated leadership ability
- Attend at least 2 full days of the main conference
How to apply?
Send, no later than January 15, 2012, an email to ICST program chairs: Antonia Bertolino at email@example.com
and Yvan Labiche at firstname.lastname@example.org
, containing :
- your full name, email address, current address, contact phone and copy of photo ID
- your CV
- 1 page statement (no more than 600 words) about why you wish to attend ICST 2012 and why attending is important for your research and/or future career and a short description of your research.
Winners and claim process
The two winners will be notified by email by February 3, 2012.
If you are a successful applicant, you will be reimbursed your ticket (up to CAN$ 450) and a hotel registration will be setup at your name for the period April 16-22, 2012 (inclusive).